Monday, February 19, 2007

long weekends make me lazy!!

I admit it...I have been just too lay to update my blog!!! I know, totally horrible...but...shhhhhhhh, I'm okay with that!!!

I went to Edmonton with my mom on Saturday and we had so much fun perusing the shops on Whyte Ave!! Such a cool district...love all the one of a kind shops and we found some really cool stuff!! did I take pictures??? nope!! forgot to bring my camera with me...and I was going to take pictures of all the cool stuff I bought...but my batteries are dead and I am too lazy to put them in the charger...LOL!! So I will share all the cool stuff with you another day!!! We came across this cool little gift store with a bunch of homemade paper gifts...and I found this journal that I totally fell in love with!!! they had a whole bunch of different sizes, some where embossed with designs, some just plain and simple. They were handmade by a guy in east india out of camel hide and all the paper inside was handmade from recycled material. Than I saw the price...eeek!!! had to put it back...so disheartening after drooling over them for like 20 minutes!!!! 48.00 for a 10x5 sized journal!!! But there is a happy ending to this story!!! My mom bought it for me!!!!! does she rock or what???!!!

I finished my art journal cards a few days ago but again, that lazy thing got in my way...so I finally scanned them and here are the last 2 weeks...
week 5: use ephemra from that week...( I went shoping just so I could have some ephemra...LOL!!! how did I explain that to hubby??? but honey...I already started the challenge and i don't want to use a grocery reciept...how boring would my life look??? so I really, really need to get some new shoes and some pants...and some shorts for spring and some....!!! heehee, just teasing girls!!!)


week 6: Love, love, love...and I just bought a bunch of making memories product that was screaming to be used for this project!!!

and I completed another scrapjacked challenge...these are so much fun!!! I hadd to put it on a black background...the LO is on white cardstock...which of course didn't show up so well on my white blog background...LOL!!


alright...now I need to get back to scrapbooking!! I am part of a circle journal (see my sidebar??? 7 girls and their journals?? some really cool gals are part of this group!!! amazing, amazing talent!!!) but I couldn't find a journal that I wanted to use...so I am undertaking the creation of my journal from scratch!!! better get to it!!

hope you gals all had fabulous long weekends!!! ciao chicas!!

13 comments:

  1. Yet another awesome 'jack' Jessi!! Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi girl this lo rocks. Of course, you do have a wonderful model too but this is awesome. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome deck of cards! I have to caught up w/two of them. Uhh, want to see the journal you bought, I love collecting a lot of 'em but have not used yet. I have bought a perfect journal that I am currently working on for our circle journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the cards. Totally awesome. Love is being a mom! That jack is totally awesome! Love the photo you used too! I am creating my own album too. Have some ideas floating around but need to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see you today Jessi! Love that "jack"! Great job! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great jack! That picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute layout. I haven't seen the new scrapjack yet but I am going to today! Was there a post for the circle journal or you guys just started a group? Like I don't have enough on the go lol! Get crackin on your LO for your new pics. I can't decide what one I love best- thanks 4 making me look so skinny hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovin these i think i am going to ask to get me started on the playing cards one i have some no use for and i am likin what you came up with and the jack is gorgeous workin on mine today lol i should be painting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK Jessi...was that tag for a size 8?! You itty bitty thing...I thought you had 3 kids! :) Just kidding with you! Your cards looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey cool cards chicky! they are great. always good to have a shop - have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! And that peekaboo picture is so cute. Cute jack! And guess what? My LOVE Valentine came today!! Thanks so much.. it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet of your mother to get that for you! Love the layout...it is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great work jess. love it!

    ReplyDelete