Friday, February 2, 2007

my new chapter...oh...and the RAK winner!!!

oops...think I need to clarify my new chapter!! It's nothing spectacular...I promise!! I just look at leaving Love 2 Scrap as a chapter ending ...and when one chapter ends there is always another one starting!!! I don't know what this chapter holds for me...don't know what adventures await me...don't know what it will bring...but I do know that I am moving into another one!!!

I guess with this new year I have felt the need to make some adjustments in my life to balance things out. I have felt so overwhelmed since my baby girl was born and I felt like I was having a hard time getting back on track. I had an emotional anxiety/panic attack back in September that totally and completely floored me!! If wasn't for my Husband and my very best gal, Laura, the men in the white jackets and butterfly nets would have been knocking on my door, I'm sure!!! So since than I have been getting back on my feet and and discovering me again.

So for me, the light went off with Ali's first AEzine challenge of the year...choosing a word to live by for the year. I chose sweet simplicity. I have felt the need of late to really simplify things and get back to what really counts. Life, love and family. With my struggles of being a mother over the last year I felt like I was missing something.

The choosing of my words really got me to think about what I want my life to be about...to stand for...and what I want my children to remember. So I am simplifying. Part of doing that was leaving Love 2 Scrap. I realized I was spending a lot of time in front of my computer and scrapbooking not for me, but for a deadline. I was getting blocked and frustrated when I would sit down to do something I totally love. I was forgetting why I do this. I was forgetting about the emotion of this art...in a sense becoming a robot manufacturing these projects.

So, no I am not moving on to another...I am moving on to the simplicity of life. This is my new chapter...remembering me and enjoying my family, scrapbooking because I want to and knowing it's okay if I don't do a thing for weeks because I am too busy playing at the park...LOL...okay it's a little cold for the park right now but you know what I mean!!

Thanks for the ear ladies...okay...moving on to something fun...I know that's why ya'll really stuck around through my rant...LOL!!! You want to know who won the RAK...thanks for participating and I hope you can make use of the goodies coming your way.

The name my son drew was...................................................DENISE!!!! So if you could email me your info I can get that sent out to you on Monday!!! And for the rest of you...remember I said I had more than one RAK to give away!!! So stay tuned for the next one!!! Oh and Cheryl??? Do you know what's better than a brownie earthquake??? (which apaprently they no longer sell at the DQ by our house...yes I totally pouted when my hubby told me that...LOL!!!) Minus 18C and eating a cookie dough blizzard...........mmmmm, so good!!! maybe those men in the white coats should come a knocking on my door...LOL!!!!

Have a fabulous day girls!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, Denise!

    Good for you, prioritizing! Not that you have to explain your reasons, but a very cool reason, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! so often we need to sit back and realize why we do what we do! Take time for you, before long your little munchkins will be grown and you will be planning a wedding!!! lol have a great rest of your day! even though it is freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Jessi! And hey...I like my blizzards in the cold too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just 4U&MeFebruary 2, 2007 at 6:59 PM

    WTG Jessi,
    Making a choice that right for YOU, is the RIGHT choice!!!!! Be sure to your touque & mitts on when you head to the park.....lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just4u&me is me Peama(Donna)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessi girl....great move. You are supposed to be where you are right now. Enjoy it, revel in it, embrace it. I so love the new look of the blog. Been thinking of changing mine too. Still can't get my banner right for some reason it doesn't accept the url I give it. I'll keep trying. Keep moving on girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Just popped in to check up on you and there it is ... my name in capital letters. Lucky me! ;)

    So, as one chapter ends, another one begins hey? I admire people who recognize what is important to them, and admire them even more when they follow through on accomplishing their goals. You're following through Jessi ... three cheers girl!

    ReplyDelete