Monday, April 2, 2007

a YAY and a few grrrrrrrrrr's!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmm...where to start?? Well...how about some good news first?? I was chosen as this week's flower girl on Pick of the Patch!!!! How cool is that??? I gotta to say, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this site!!! All the girls are friendly and a great source of inspiration!!! And as you all know...their online crops totally ROCK!!

so the rest of my news kind of sucks...I know, not the regular bright and cheery me...but hey...it happens sometimes!! You know that big list of spring cleaning I blogged about getting done?? Absolutely none of it got done!!! I taught a class at Scrapbooker's Paradise Saturday morning...and that actually went fairly well!! So I had plans to come home and get started on the cleaning...well I was completely taken out by a migraine!!! grrrrrrrrrr!!! It floored me all weekend...spent the entire 2 days on my couch!! Totally lame!!

My kids were supposed to go back to school today...was looking forward to getting some of that cleaning done....yes, you hear a but coming!!! I woke up this morning at 5:30 am with overwhelming cramps in my tummy...I am apparently catching whatever flu took my husband out last week!! So I go to the bathroom...sitting on the toilett...all of a sudden I get extremely hot...and than I get clammy and cold and sweaty...I started to feel funny...so I called my husband. He woke up and came into the bathroom and asked what was wrong...so I said I felt funny...I stood up, felt like a floppy noodle...and the next thing I know I am laying on the bathroom floor asking why I was there and my husband telling me I had fainted!!!!

He put me back to bed...and at 7am when he got up to go to work...made sure I was awake and to see how I feeling. I felt okay...but very shakey!! I told him I didn't feel comfortable staying home alone or driving the kids to school today...he wasn't able to stay home, but he did show my son and daughter how to use my cel phone to call him and 911...both number's are on speed dial, so they just needed to know which number to push. He called my mom to have check in on me through out the day ( she's the apartment manager of the buildings we live in!!!) and he called frequently to see how I was doing...Have I said how much I love him???

Needless to say it was another day on the couch!! My children were amazing...They took very good care of their mommy...played nice, little fighting, and helped out so much with Delainey!!! They are the best kids!!! They did get out of hand a little as children tend to do...but the poor things have been rather cooped up lately with sick parents...LOL...so who blame the few outbreaks!!!

And my last little bit of information to share is...it's FREAKING snowing...again!!! Come on already...enough of winter!!! We had no snow and the grass was starting to look a little green...and than this!!! This is what makes me really hate winter in Alberta!!! It's not super cold...but it's April and it's snowing!!! This is why I wish so much that I lived somewhere where it's warmer year round!!! I just get sick of the snow!!!

Whew!!! that felt good...thanks for listenning to me vent!!! I will leave you on a happier note...Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids registration began March 30th...so all you local girls make sure you go check it out!! The classes sound amazing!!! I am taking 2 Rusty Pickle classes, a CherryArte class, and a Tin Box Creations class...on top of the 3 classes I'm teaching!! I can't wait...the projects for these calsses sound so cool...can't wait to show them all to you!!!

So have a good night ladies...ciao for now chica's!!!

9 comments:

  1. Get better soon Jess girl! Can't have you all sickly! Congrats on your flower girl title and all that....I'm pissy about the snow too...but have faith that it's moving eastward any time now! How's that for a dose of good news...lol Take care of yourself and get lots of rest...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing! Sounds like a nasty bug whatever it is! Get better soon! And i totally hear you about thei freakin snow!!!!I am so sick of it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jessi girl...I hope you feel better really soon. That totally sucks..but great news on the Pick of the Patch spot. You deserve it. Your kids sound awesome... Kids can be so flexible. Sending some California sun your way to warm you up and make you feel well. xoxoxoxox L

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl.. don't scare us like that again! I felt the same when when I passed out at walmart and busted my head on the counter... glad u were just on the potty... not in the check out line at the walmart pharmacy! get to feeling better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my girl! Sending get well wishes your way! Glad your kids were so cooperative. If you gotta be sick it helps that the kids behave!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep what ya got girl! One good thing, you can use your stash from urban and scrap in tids and bits and not feel guilty...he hee. Glad u got your painting done,ps- my husband was wondering who the "guy" was at my house...it was your husband and my kid, Morgan says "Tell J I'm an ass"...but anyways lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder about the Scrapbooking Crop! Gotta talk to dh about that! Hope you are feeling better! And I want that snow to go away too! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you have been feeling crappy... hope it is all over soon. How sweet that your kiddos were so good and helpful. SNOW??? Ugh, has no one reminded the weather it is April? We just had a warm spell and then, BAM we are at half of those temps now! Congrats on being the pick of the patch too. I got your CJ yesterday... oh my word, I LOVE IT!! I am serious, the cover looks amazing, and eveything is just ultra cool. I am looking forward to working on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're feeling better soon Jessi. Very scary.

    ReplyDelete