Monday, July 2, 2007

ummmm....

hmmm...an update?? what's that?? okay...the truth?? I have nothing to blog about...well nothing excpet the mundane!!! Moments that I love...but honestly do YOU really want to hear about it?? It's just day to day and more "my kids are cuter than yours" kind of moments!! LOL!!!

okay...had a fabulous Canada Day long weekend!!! I have done no scrapbooking since the last OLW challenge...I know...I am super inspired, just not inpsired to scrapbook!! Inspired to enjoy the day...enjoy my kids and their summer holidays...so I guess I am taking a little artistic break! But back to Canada Day weekend...ours started Firday....went to Calgary to hand in Jay's passport application...didn't take that long for him either!! And I got to pick mine up!! WOOHOO!! This is exciting...I am legal to travel anywhere!!

Jay bought me a bike on Saturday...yup...finally convinced me to get a bike!! After a birthday party the kids went to, we went for a family bike ride!!! OMGosh...I forgot how much fun riding was...it has been like 8 years!!! O yeah...we bought my son a new bike as he had outgorwn his other one(which we bought only a year ago!!)...this one we passed on to Haillee!!

Sunday we spent the day at the beach...Discovery Canyon is a fabulous little place in Red Deer with a cool little tube run that comes down into a big pool...my kids have so much fun there!!! This was followed up with a BBQ of hamburgers, hot dogs, asparagus, corn on the cob, bbq'd potatoes, tossed salad, and a Canada Day chocolate cake. We had my cousin come over with her kids and a friend of hers. It was so much fun!!! We finished the night with some sparklers and instead of going to the overcowded city park to watch the fireworks...we climbed onto our apartment roof and watched them!!! That was cool!!!

And today....my kids played outside all day...and I went shopping with my mom ...and my husband got to go fishing!!! It was a fabulous weekend...and filled with a lot of really good family moments...the ones that just make you smile and let you know you're doing something right...so like I said....everyday to you...but everything to me!!! And now I seriously have nothing left to babble about...so I am going to veg on the the couch, wait for my husband to come home from fishing, and go to bed!!

Have a fabulous night ladies!!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend! Hope today is wonderful too! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like to me that you guys had a great time just spending time w/your family and that is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool for you to get outside with the family. It is so much fun to get on the bikes together. Hope you have a relaxing night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo love you got a bike. sounds awesome. Hope you had an aboslutely fab time. By the way, I've tagged you...my bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great holiday weekend to me! :)

    ReplyDelete