Saturday, August 18, 2007

happy thoughts...

so my kids were horrible little gremlins in the grocery store last night...the kind of horrible where you try and pretend that they are not your kids! you know, some stranger gives that look...why can't you control your children? and you prceed to look everywhere but that person who is giving you the...you-are-a-mother-with-out-of-control-children glare...thinking that if you pretend not to acknowledge the stranger or children than maybe they will rethink 1. butting in (as if they have never had a bad day) and 2. that maybe they are some random kids lost in the store and their real parents are being neglectful somewhere else. so they got themselves grounded to their bedrooms for the day (i know...mean mom!!). dakota continued to give a fabulous demonstration of bad behaviour and proceeded to loose the privilege of going to a birthday party today...and as if that wasn't enough, man, he must be a glutton for punishment...but he ended up losing his bike for an entire week!!


so happy thoughts?? well today we let the kids have a get out jail free pass because we decided to go the farmers market...that was a good morning!! jay bought me a bouquet of sunflowers and we got to peruse the stalls of local produce, baked goods, and homemade crafty goodies!!! so we bought a little of this and a little of that...haillee and I found the cutest handmade dress...white with lots of brightly coloured polk-a-dots in varying shade of pink...she has stated it will be her first day of school dress!! so it is now hanging in the most desired spot in her closet ( to make all the other dresses jealous!!) until september 4th...that is a lot of self control for a 5 year old!! me...i would have been throwing the dress on as soon as we got home and than would have proceeded to spill something red all over it and ruined it for the first day of school  and my mother would have ripped a strip off me!!!


it was a good morning and now the kids are following through with their grounding and are in their rooms...so I am getting spoiled by all the uninterrupted time to scrapbook and play on the computer!! but I also got a beautiful memory for my daily something...


Daily_something_08182007_6


so have a beautiful weekend...i am off to scrap something...hopefully i will be working on my OLW challenge...the new word goes up on wednesday and this is a fabulous one, chosen by ronda!! we have a fabulous sponsor this word...and they sponsored the design team as well!!! Technique Tuesday was amazing in the product they sent us...and it is such a hard company to come by here in canada...that i am super excited and cannot wait to play with my stamps they sent me!!!


so ciao for now ladies!!

10 comments:

  1. Have your kids been talking to mine? I think Lincoln is acting up so that I won;t miss him as much when he starts school this week... LOL... that was my daily something one day last week too!! So, do you like typepad better? I have been thinking about it, everyone says it is easier... but then I did just figure out how to make my pics "clickable"LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog! I love the functionalities of typepad and the simple use.
    The design is great! I´m very curious if you would move with your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new look! Great job!!!
    Do you remember those days when you were the one staring at those kids and wondering why in the he** that woman deserved to be a mother? And now we are that woman!! LOL We all have days like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new look! Great job!!!
    Do you remember those days when you were the one staring at those kids and wondering why in the he** that woman deserved to be a mother? And now we are that woman!! LOL We all have days like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new blog. That banner is awesome!! I hope today is a better day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids in their room all day..plenty of time to scrap.. you may have to try that more often LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long time no see from me. Loving your new blog format. Love all your recent creativity too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you are moving. Congrats. You will love Innisfail. It is a nice little town and so close still to Red Deer.

    ReplyDelete