Monday, September 24, 2007

introducing....

Oakley_and_jason


this is Oakley!!! and we couldn't resist bringing him home!!! we told the kids we could get a puppy as soon as we got into the new house...no pets allowed where we are right now...so this weekend we thought we would start looking around. oops...unless you are ready to bring a puppy home that day....don't go looking!!! LOL!!! we found Oakley at the pet store in the adoption program...and it was love at first sight!!! the kids adore him and he is so friendly!!!! and so far has taken really well to the basic training!! so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! don't tell anyone...we snuck him into our apartment!!!! we only have 4 more days to go...so what's the worse that could happen?? we get kicked out?? LOL!!


we did take Oakley over to meet my parents (and as most of you know....my mom is the building manager!!) so she is aware he is here...we are "pet sitting" for 4 days...heehee!!


how did we come up with his name?? well we just started tossing names out there....and I tossed out tyson( don't have a clue where that came from!!) which Jason and Dakota loved!!! but i didn't want to commit, yet!!! we were driving along a road that runs alongside the river and it's so pretty down there this time of year...all the trees in their variations of fall colours...i was thinking just how pretty and beautiful this time of year is is...my favourite season...and i started to miss falls back home...now fall on Vancouver Island is something to see...the oak trees are just stunning!!!!! and immediately following my thoughts of this Oakley popped into my head!!! so we had a tie at this point...Dakota and Jason  for tyson and Haillee and me for Oakley....we settled it by asking our neighbour which name he preferred and as you can tell...Oakley was the winning name!!!


anyway...i have babbled your ears off enough about our new pup!!! I am going to to take him for a walk and bathroom break...


have a fabulous Monday ladies!!!
ciao!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh girl, as if you don't have enough scrap subjects with the kids, NOW you got an adorable precious little poochers. Ok, he is not going to be that small for long, LOL, but oh cannot wait to see some adorable pages. So fun. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, as if you don't have enough scrap subjects with the kids, NOW you got an adorable precious little poochers. Ok, he is not going to be that small for long, LOL, but oh cannot wait to see some adorable pages. So fun. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh CONGRATULATIONS, he's so sweet ... aren't they just the cutest! we love having a puppy so much! i am so happy for ya! good luck with hiding him ... LOL! so funnY!
    hope all is going well sweetie! luv c

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable and I love the name Oakley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so adorable and I love the name Oakley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a cute puppy, I like the name Oakley too, congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a cute puppy, I like the name Oakley too, congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. too cute! And I'm going to see Fall on Vancouver Island one day very soon. I'll take some pics of the Oak trees for you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA! you are such a sucker for a cute face, aren't you? He's lovely and you know something, I would have done the exact same thing. I plan on getting a puppy myself but we don't have the big bucks to get a Boxer pup just yet. We have a 3-year old Boxer who we love to bits and he would be over the moon for a playmate. I guess I'll live vicariously through you for now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...he is SO cute!!! And I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...he is SO cute!!! And I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...he is SO cute!!! And I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww...he is SO cute!!! And I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww...he is SO cute!!! And I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete