Friday, October 5, 2007

OH MY GOSH!!!!

i finally have internet!!!! grrr to telus!!! my phone and interent were scheduled to be hooked up for the 28th...was it??? ummm NO!!! they were having some problems in their system with our account....i know vague, huh? but that was all they could tell me....so i stalked them everyday and yelled at innocent communicators everyday and finally they said...well it's hooked up on our end!! well it's not working here....o wait...we are still having problems with the address of your new account....what???!!! i finally talked to someone in the tech side and they sent a tech guy out to double check the wiring...well it's hooked up just fine...so the guy checks our wiring behind the jack box...it's fine!!! why is my phone still not working??? the tech guy decides to plug our phone jack into the DSL jack right beside out phone jack....HELLO PHONE!!!! ummm...yeah...i could have fixed that, if I thought to try, on the off chance, that the wiring was backwards...or the labeling!!! so our DSL jack is our phone jack and the phone jack is our DSL jack....who would have thought??? apparently not me....OR MY HUSBAND!!!! LOL!!


this was happening in amongst me trying to start our house on fire!!! I have been cooking for at least 20 years and never once have i started anything on fire!!my kitchen was still in shambles (yes I will update y'all on that in a minute!!!) and one of the kids had something to go to...so i popped in the oven a frozen pizza...completely forgetting that this oven is different from our last oven. so i put the 2 pizzas directly on the rack....like i have always done...only to find out later that there is a big gap in the rungs of the rack right along the side of the oven on each side....so the pizza sides fall through the gap and drips toppings and cheese all over the elements...i notice my oven smoking more than usual!!! I open the door...OMG!!! FIRE!! no worries though...it was a small fire and only the oven suffered...and it was being replaced anyway!!!


so wanna see some pics?? I took pics of the inside of the house....had too!!! 1. had to show y'all what the inside looked like and 2. the previous owners were on some funky drugs when they painted in here and had to have before and afters!!!


okay...living room first!!! the colours weren't too bad...3 different shades of brown and I didn't take a pic of the really dark one....there was a dark, dark chocolate brown, a hot chocolate  colour, and some latte brown colour and i also forgot to take pics before we moved stuff in...so yeah there are boxes!! before... House_006 House_007_3 during...


House_028


and the after...the light coming in that window behind the couch wreaked havoc on this picture...but isn't my living room pretty???


Living_room2


okay...I was going to show you the other end of our living room...but it still needs some unpacking...it's where my beloved computer sits...LOL!!! and it's not as pretty looking at the moment. I will leave you with the progress of our kitchen....
here are the before pics....
House_020


House_021


House_022


yeah...isn't it pretty??? I seriously don't get it...but it's being fixed!!! my kitchen is all one colour...a very pretty butter yellow and there is a wall missing...yup...a whole wall!!! take a look... House_033


House_035 House_002 so my kitchen is still a bit of a disaster....but don't worry...it will be all pretty in time for thanksgiving!!!! might have to put some of my thanksgiving guests to work though!!! LOL!!! I am so excited to having thanksgiving at MY house this year...friends and family are coming to share this years memory with us on Monday!!! so Have a fabulous long weeknd!!!! I will post a finish picture of my kitchen when it's done and the rest of the rooms as we do them!!


ciao ladies!!!

10 comments:

  1. That is sooooooooooo cool! I love your living room, it's very pretty. I love your sofas too, they look like the perfect kind to lounge around knitting or reading on! LOL
    Can't wait for you to get your studio up and rolling. I'll post my studio pics today and you have got to go see your premiere on my blog today. I like your page the best, I think!! Hey, while you're at it, can you email me privately again with your mailing addy & phone number so I can keep in touch with ya while I'm in Courtenay. I'm sure you'd actually like to receive your November kit, hey?? LOL
    Glad you are getting settled in, don't burn anything else! That's a deadly trend...my FIL is a total fire bug and he hasn't burned anything down in about ten years...we figure we're due! EEK!!!
    Enjoy your friday. We've got our second 4-day weekend from school in a three week period. I don't get it. TTYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooooooooo cool! I love your living room, it's very pretty. I love your sofas too, they look like the perfect kind to lounge around knitting or reading on! LOL
    Can't wait for you to get your studio up and rolling. I'll post my studio pics today and you have got to go see your premiere on my blog today. I like your page the best, I think!! Hey, while you're at it, can you email me privately again with your mailing addy & phone number so I can keep in touch with ya while I'm in Courtenay. I'm sure you'd actually like to receive your November kit, hey?? LOL
    Glad you are getting settled in, don't burn anything else! That's a deadly trend...my FIL is a total fire bug and he hasn't burned anything down in about ten years...we figure we're due! EEK!!!
    Enjoy your friday. We've got our second 4-day weekend from school in a three week period. I don't get it. TTYS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, can't wait to see the finished kitchen!
    Loved your first layout for the design team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your new house!! Love it. And your beautiful leather couches...I have the same exact ones sitting in my house back in S. Carolina. Man I miss them.
    Our floors were just about the same color as yours, too, but only in the Living room. Man I miss them, too.
    Enjoy your Canadia Thanksgiving!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am loving a sneak peek into your new house! Please be sure to keep us updated on the unpacking, repainting and redecorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey girl .... i had a dream about you last night, funny ... we met up and totally hit it off - so fun! had to contact you ... cause it was so vivid!
    good luck with the unpacking ... bet you can't wait to settle in!
    luv chanel

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg!!! your living room is gorgeous!!! can i come to sleep on those couches?
    congrats girlie :)
    looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey chick looks good from here are goes on this week and we looking at duckering close for our next address 5 bedrooms 3 baths and a huge yard!!!!cannot wait

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally! Love the new digs friend and so happy for you, Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete