Tuesday, December 18, 2007

happy holidays!!!

since i am so good at blogging regularly...i thought i would get in at least one more post before the holidays descend upon us!!


ETA: for those of you have taken my "a little book of friends" paper bag album class you can find photo's a brief description of each page in my classes gallery on my right hand side bar


this is the kids last week of school....they are done on thursday. we have their school christmas concert on wednesday....my nephew is coming on friday...somewhere in here i need to finish my christmas shopping!! i know...i'm a down to the wire christmas shopper....just like my scrappy deadlines, LOL!!


i got a fabulous little piece of mail yesterday...but you will have to go here, to find out why it's fabulous and  what it's all about...heehee!!


jay's tattoo healed so nicely...and it it turned out really great!!


Inkedmy husband designed his tattoo...he is proud of being canadian, he loves to fish...so this tattoo represents canadian waters. the fall colours were chosen because he loves the colours of fall


the kids got their christmas ornaments done and my christmas cards went in the mail...i don't know if they will be on time...but hey!! at least they got mailed this year...last year they made, enveloped, addressed, and never mailed!!! oops!!!


we took the kids to see santa...delainey was little skittish...but we got an okay photo...


Santa_2007


so unlike most santa photo's...i opted out of the cheesey borders they add...the lady doing the photo editing was really cool... i asked if i could get the photo without any border...and she's like sure...you should see what i did to my kids's photo...and proceeded to show me the retro action and a "snow" border...i was like, yes please!!! could i have my photo like that too?? so i got a really cool effect on our santa photo instead of cheesey snowflakes. i did do some photo editing in PS...i needed to add more "snow" as without the generic borders they use you could see some of the store signs across the top above santa's chair...but it's all good now!!!


and here are the latest christmas journal entries...day 8: showing signs of christmas. i sued some more KI paper lace on a transparency..this one i left space to add my photo's later. the title is kind of hard to read but says...it's beginning to look a lot like christmas


Day_8_2day 9: journal about christmas traditions. this is probably my favourite entry...i created a little book out of little envelopes from stampin' up...i wanted a way to incorporate pockets on my LO so i could add tags describing our tradtions...so this idea hit me and i have been following tim holtz's blog lately...so i put to test some of the distressing techniques over there...and i love the way it turned out...and i love that i have a tiny mini inside my mini album!!


Day_9day 10: talk about your wrapping plans and include some wrapping paper. so it's no secret that i love vintage...and i love the old fashioned way of wrapping...paper and twine and sprigs of holly or cedar or pine to decorate it...and i love trying to incorporate that in my wrapping every year...so this is how my entry turned out...


Day_10day 11: O christmas tree...talk about what kind of tree you have and the reasons behind it. if you lift the tab the journaling is inside with a space for a photo. every year i think this is the year i get a new style for my tree...one of those gorgeous trees you see in magazines and store displays...and every year i put up the ornaments we have...it's a hodge podge of stuff...the ornaments jay and i bought for our first christmas together....ornaments i made to fill the tree cuz we couldn't afford to buy new ones...ornaments the kids have made at school and brought home to proudly display on the tree...and every time i think about how each ornament has a reason for being on our tree...i think, why would i want a new one???


Day_11


so i am off to do some more baking...shortbread, date squares, and more homemade oreo's (thanks so much to laura for the recipe!!! it has definitely become a family favourite!!)...some more catch up  on my christmas journal, and to get ready for the rest of the holidays!!


have a fabulous tuesday...have a fabulous, wonderful, happy and warm christmas season filled with lots of love!!!


ciao!!

8 comments:

  1. Great journal pages! I did a 'mini' inside my mini too, for the Day 8 'Sights of Christmas'. I love how yours turned out :)
    Your husbands tattoo looks very nice! I've been wanting to get some sort of 'Canadian pride' tattoo for awhile, but I haven't come up with anything that suits me. And I still have 3 other tattoos that need touch ups, so I should get that out of the way first. lol
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Tattoo! Jason loves to fish, huh? We built an ice fishing shack on Sylvan, you peeps better get out here! It's pretty slick, sturdy and warm and the fish bite like mad!
    Love the new creations, Jess. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cool tattoo... I don;t think I could do it though after hearing about the bleeding!! LOL. Your journal looks great, and I am so happy you got your letter of approval! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool tattoo... I don;t think I could do it though after hearing about the bleeding!! LOL. Your journal looks great, and I am so happy you got your letter of approval! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the journal pages, and LOVE the effects on the Santa picture. Too sweet...
    Have fun baking! I'm gonna start on mine tomorrow. Yay!!!(In fact, I have a post on my baking and maybe you could share about your oreo recipe!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the journal pages, and LOVE the effects on the Santa picture. Too sweet...
    Have fun baking! I'm gonna start on mine tomorrow. Yay!!!(In fact, I have a post on my baking and maybe you could share about your oreo recipe!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your stuff girl ... i was following tim's blog too, he is amazing and so inspirational! your santa photo is sweet, we got ours done too ....
    have a fun day! luv c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful art Jessi! Just wanted to wish you guys a very Merry Christmas! Kim

    ReplyDelete