Thursday, February 28, 2008

lazy

ever have those days when you know you should do something...need to do something...but just don't feel like it?? it happens ever now and than to me with blogging, lol!! i know i should post...but i am feeling too lazy to put in the effort...i know, horrible, right?? but such is life and since it's my blog...i get to feel that luxury of ignoring it every now and than...heehee!! so i finally felt un-lazy (yeah it's a word...in my world!!) and ready to share this with you...


olw is up...ronda picked a fabulous word this week and i used the word as an opportunity to create something special!! well special to me!! this layout is extremely close to my heart and one of the reason's i will forever believe in second chances...i was blessed and lucky to get a second chance with my father...my story...


my parents divorced when i was 3 and each led new lives with new marriages. due to some unfair and manipulative play on my dad's second wife's part...our relationship was severed. life moved on...TIME moved on...and i was 14 when my mom announced the news of my step father and her deciding to divorce...it wasn't tragic...i never felt close to my step dad...he raised me, i called him dad...but there was just something that never allowed me to feel fully connected. during this time my mom decided to spend a weekend away...to recoup, clear her head, and just breathe.


imagine my surprise when she came home and thru the door walked a man!! not a new man...no, this one had a vague look of familiarity...this was the man form the photo's in my baby book...the man who i had a thousand questions for and no answers...this was my dad!!! and yes...trust me...it took awhile for me to wrap my head around this...i think it was close to a year before i felt comfortable, safe in calling him dad. but through this journey of beginning a relationship with my father again...i got answers.


my mom and dad figured out after sorting the why's of why they never heard from each other again...imagine their surprise when they both claimed that they did stay in touch...and imagine further surprise when both exclaimed, "you most definitely did not stay in touch, i think i would have known if i had heard from you!!!" yes...evil second wife was trusted to mail letters and presents from my dad to us...and evil second wife was responsible for picking up the incoming mail...so yes, evil second wife garbaged what ever my dad sent to us and never handed over to him the pictures and letters and drawings of his children my mom sent. so with no response from either at each end...they both assumed that the other wanted nothing to do with the other. I know...tragic...and all manipulated and sad to realize that there are people who can disregard the emotions of others and children so easily!!


so a TIME in my parents lives brought them to a hard turn...TIME led them away separately...and TIME moved forward and came full circle and brought my dad back into my life and back into my mom's life. TIME has given me 16 years to get know the man in the photo's of my baby album...TIME will continue forward and with it, so will my dad's and mine relationship.


Time_2


so go check out OLW and let's see what TIME represents to you!!!

12 comments:

  1. i love the LO and the story behind it... thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! funny how life can come full cirlce huh? Great layout! And I hear ya about being lazy...I'm the queen of procrastinating....I need a fairy godmother or something or other that I can get to do the things I don't wanna...lol Oh and I'll have a margartia for ya Jess...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I saw your LO and this morning I just had to come and read your blog. What a sad but wonderful story that has turned out so great for your family. Please keep up your awsome LO's as they are very inspiring to me and I am sure also to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, that's such a happy-ending story and BOO to the sucky evil stepmother! Good thing Karma works the way it does...LOL. I hope you know how much that page rocks. Love that story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Jessi! Love the story behind this layout and your layout is gorgeous as always! Have a great weekend!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK-I am just staring! This is the best layout I have seen in... I don't know when! I LOVE it! It tells the story, it is artistic and well but together, it is "now" yet is has a purpose... THIS is an incredible LO lady!! (Saw it on OLW, and had to come say WOW to ya!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Jessi, that was a phenomenal story. I LOVED your layout, way to go in scrapbooking the "real" stuff. that's what ends up truly telling the stories of who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what an amazing powerful story/LO!! I got shivers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought my family was the only family like this. Nice to know there are others. Thanks for sharing. With us, it was the step father that severed things. My folks divorced when I was 4 and I saw my Dad monthly. Then when I was 6 my Mum got together with someone else. He had a "meeting" with my Dad telling him the kids would call HIM Dad and that he was never to see us again. I never felt connected either. It was years (and thousands of dollars worth) of court battles but I didn't really see my Dad again until I was 17--when I moved out of the house and controlled my own life. I love the layout you did...it really cuts to the heart of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your OLW layout first and then I came here. You're right. It was a tragic separation. But, I'm so happy for your reunion!! How wonderful. You can't get those lost years back but all you have now is your TIME together!! I have tears of joy for you...best wishes for your future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your OLW layout first and then I came here. You're right. It was a tragic separation. But, I'm so happy for your reunion!! How wonderful. You can't get those lost years back but all you have now is your TIME together!! I have tears of joy for you...best wishes for your future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to tell you thank you for letting your husband play wow. It gives me someone to pick on besides my husband.Now I know why thay call him dizzy.
    After seeing the crafting work that you do, we now know where the talent in the family lies.Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete