Monday, January 25, 2010

crafty goods + pear pincushion tutorial

i am addicted to fabric crafts lately. i put aside my paper crafting and paper scissors and picked up fun fabrics and pinking shears. thanks to a lot of great crafty blogs, i have been kept pleasantly busy crafting!!!

i have made a molly monkey from the free pattern & instructions download from the mmmcrafts blog....
she was named billy jean (couldn't resist since she was made from outgrown and holey jeans)


and of course, once she was done my 7 yr old was requesting one as well....so i adapted the pattern to make a kitty....meet anastasia...

there have been some great projects i have come across over the last few days....ones i can't wait to get too.....this one, this one, and this one for starters!!!

i also have been inspired by a lot of amazing handmade jewelry...this girl has some beautiful creations....i just received in the mail the fabulous necklace i ordered!!! but all that inspiration had to go somewhere...so i tried my hand at creating my own. i used some vintage pieces i had and re-purposed some old vintage jewelry to create this....


i keep coming across cute fruit shaped pin cushions...so i decided to have a go at making my own. it turned out pretty well...i made my own pattern, cut fabric, stitched and stuffed...then reworked the glitches out of the pattern....and my second one was even better!!!! so i thought i would share :)

cute huh?? i know it looks a bit intimidating...but seriously! it's a 15 minute project!!! so if you want to have a go at this project.....
download pattern here
download instructions here

so have fun!!! any problems, shoot me an email and i will try and help you out!!!

and i did stop playing with fabric long enough to create a LO with the january kenner road kit...


it's been good crafty and creative fun around here lately!!! looking forward to a new week of crafty adventures :)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Jessi! I was going through my old bookmarks and stumbled across the OLW site and saw your picture on there and remembered you! Just wanted to pop in to see how things were going for you. Hopefully, great! Love to see that you are still just as awesomely creative as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT NECKLACE!!! ME WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRANKA, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a million sweets for the tutorial!! and those cute links! cannot wait to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jessi... I love the things you've made...wowee... it almost inspires me to pull out my sewing stuff and get busy but there is way too much paper in the way right now... and I love the layout you've posted too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such great craftiness. It makes me want to pick up my pinking shears & fabric. You know my thoughts about that necklace....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum... love everything here. the pincushion, the dolls, the layout. perfection. inspired now :)

    ReplyDelete