Sunday, February 7, 2010

tea in paris

sounds divine huh? can't you just imagine it??? *sigh* maybe one day!!! but in the mean time i can dream and make adorably frilly little skirts that make me think of the romance and whimsy that has become associated with paris....of course it helps that the material had little eiffel towers all over it :)




i love how the skirt came out :)

this was the first project to complete of my sewing circle. gi, rev, and i joined stitching forces so that we could make a dent in all the ideas we have come across that we would love to do...."someday". so someday is here!!!

we used a tutorial for this skirt, you can find it here, but i found the directions hard to follow, incomplete, and at times making no sense. so i ended up going my own way with the skirt. i have been sewing since before i was in school...and had mostly put sewing away. it's been really fun bringing it out of the closet again. so if you give me a few more days, i will have my own version and tutorial posted. since i made one for the 4yr old....the 7yr old wants one too:)


enjoy your sunday :)

7 comments:

  1. that is so cute! love the fabric, love the design, and what a gorgeous model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt....cute. Your daughter.....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I didn't think there was anyone out there as cute as you! but she sure is!
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Franka! :D
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is soooo stinkin cute!

    And yes I miss Paris!!! But I'd take a capuccino :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i wish i had a little girl.... that skirt is sooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh! that skirt is adorable.
    and those shoes...can i have them when she outgrows them? maybe i can squeeze my foot in them. she is all too precious.

    ReplyDelete